• Wednesday, April 24th (ONLINE --> Click JOIN HERE to join meeting online)
• Wednesday, May 1st (ONLINE --> Click JOIN HERE to join meeting online)
• Wednesday, May 8th (ONLINE --> Click JOIN HERE to join meeting online)
• Wednesday, May 15th (ONLINE --> Click JOIN HERE to join meeting online)
All current users are encouraged to join the online meeting during the posted time to discuss your questions with an IU REDCap Administrator. No appointment is necessary. Help is available on a first-come, first served basis.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
IU REDCap will be unavailable on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 12:30am for about ten minutes. The IU REDCap maintenance window is 12:30am-1:30am and 9am-5pm Eastern on Sundays.
If you have a need for access during this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please log in with your user name and password. If you are having trouble logging in, please contact
IU REDCap Support.
Welcome to REDCap!
REDCap is a secure web platform for building and managing online databases and surveys.
REDCap's streamlined process for rapidly creating and designing projects offers a
vast array of tools that can be tailored to virtually any data collection strategy.
REDCap provides automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to Excel and common statistical
packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R), as well as a built-in project calendar, a scheduling module, ad hoc reporting tools,
and advanced features, such as branching logic, file uploading, and calculated fields.
1. REDCap is for use only in support of academic research. Do NOT use REDCap for other purposes, for instance to store official university business data, patient care data, or electronic health records (EHRs). If you need further clarification on appropriate use, please contact us (see contact information below).
2. When using REDCap for storing academic research data containing electronic protected health information (ePHI), please note that you and the Principal Investigator (PI) are responsible for the privacy and security of these data and for compliance with any applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and institutional policies; this includes the appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals and a Data Management Plan. Be advised that CTSI provides technical and physical controls against the unauthorized release of data in accordance with HIPAA for this software tool, but responsibility for administrative controls (including granting access and terminating access, providing training, creating policies on usage, etc.), rests with you and the PI.
If you require assistance or have any questions about REDCap, please contact
IU REDCap Support.
The IU REDCap service is provided in support of the Indiana Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute.
IU's REDCap Features
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely - Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
Export data to common data analysis packages - Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
Ad Hoc Reporting - Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
Scheduling - Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link - Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create
a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print - Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
Advanced features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
REDCap API - Have external applications connect to REDCap remotely in a programmatic or automated fashion.
Data Queries - Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
Piping - Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a
more customized experience.